Monday

The Democratic Debate - What They Really Said - By Alex Hammer

Excerpts:
"Here are my interpretations of what the candidates may have really meant in their responses to the ABC Debate on “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” (debate excerpts from transcript in quotes, with my interpretation of what they may have really meant embedded in italics)."

and

"“STEPHANOPOULOS: Senator Biden, you stepped into this last week. You told Newsweek magazine that Senator Obama is “not yet ready” to be president........

“OBAMA: Well, you know, to prepare for this debate, I rode in the bumper cars at the state fair, and…
A. They’re not getting to me.
B. The other candidates pretend to be funny. I really am.

(LAUGHTER)

(APPLAUSE)

But, George, I don’t actually see that much difference or people criticizing me on the substance of my positions. I think that there’s been some political maneuvering taking place over the last couple of weeks.
Put it back on them. This is easy.

I do think that there’s a substantive difference between myself and Senator Clinton when it comes to meeting with our adversaries. I think that strong countries and strong presidents meet and talk with our adversaries. We shouldn’t be afraid to do so.
Put it back on her. Nothing sticks to me.

We’ve tried the other way. It didn’t work.
Back on her again.

I think that, if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and we’ve exhausted all other options, we should take him out before he plans to kill another 3,000 Americans. I think that’s common sense.
Show I’m not weak. They blasted me before.

So there’s one other thing that I believe.
I could talk all day. They love me."

Read Story

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

YouTube :: Videos by BarackObamadotcom

FOXNews.com

michellemalkin.com

techPresident

TIME: Top Stories