Monday

Joe Anthony: My comments on the campaign's official blog on my.barackobama.com (by Joe Rospars) - Joe Anthony MySpace Post

See Also:
Joe Anthony Reaches Out to Politics 2.0 - Joe: "This will take time, but believe me, I'm still working day and night to find the best way forward." - By Alex Hammer
http://hammer2006.blogspot.com/2007/05/joe-anthony-reaches-out-to-politics-2.html

Joe Anthony: My comments on the campaign's official blog on my.barackobama.com (by Joe Rospars) - Joe Anthony MySpace Post
Excerpt:
"In addition, the campaign really has no way of knowing what the messages said, because they only had access to the page for a very short time. With that in mind, I don't understand why they claim this in their blog."

and

"Chris Hughes did indicate that there were "limited staff positions available in Chicago and I could send them my resume". At this point, although I would've loved to work directly for the campaign, I was happy to continue working on the profile as I had been, and it was more of a priority to maintain my involvement in the page and not let it become like one of the other Candidates profiles. I never sent them a resume, and instead focused on building the page and finding new ways to engage the community."

and

"Further, after a closer examination of the Myspace terms of use at that time, I learned that Myspace prohibits allowing access to any user other than the creator of the page. For this reason, and for security purposes mentioned above, I decided I should cease from allowing the campaign access to the profile until we had a formal agreement (and Myspace's consent).

I did however continue to work with the campaign, and implemented every one of their suggestions for the profile. Although they did not have access to the profile for that period, they would call or email me and I would make any changes, post a bulletin or blog, or whatever they asked me to do, all on very short notice."

and

"Also, at all times, an 'away message' was set on the page so that users would be encouraged to contact the campaign directly via their official website. In that away message users were referred to the official site for answers to their questions not included on the Myspace profile."

and

"That night, at his request, I did prepare a propsal and emailed it to Chris. I had never prepared such a proposal, and it was on very short notice, but I did the best I could. I thought about it for about 5 hours. I went for a long walk around my neighborhood and thought about what would be fair to all involved. I didn't like the idea of the campaign taking over a Myspace profile which had been a netroots phenomenon before the campaign or Myspace even got involved."

Go to this link to see a lot more!! (the entire post):
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=159248288&blogID=261404326&MyToken=28d21f2a-8a31-407b-9d84-eeac01f0b516

Alex

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

YouTube :: Videos by BarackObamadotcom

FOXNews.com

michellemalkin.com

techPresident

TIME: Top Stories