Friday

Anthony Speaks On Obama MySpace Takeover: 'They Took This Profile Without My Consent' - The manager of an unofficial Barack Obama MySpace page tells MTV News how the campaign took his URL (Article and Video) - MTV

Also:
Joe Anthony: My comments on the campaign's official blog on my.barackobama.com (by Joe Rospars) - Joe Anthony MySpace Post
http://hammer2006.blogspot.com/2007/05/joe-anthony-my-comments-on-campaigns.html

Joe Anthony Backs Down: Obama 1: New Media 0
http://hammer2006.blogspot.com/2007/05/joe-anthony-backs-down-obama-1-new.html

Joe Anthony Speaks:
Excerpts:
""After [asking] my consent [to turn over the page], they originally threatened to delete the profile, but they did say that they needed my consent for MySpace to take the profile from me. I said in clear language ... [that] MySpace does not have my consent to take this profile," Anthony explained on Wednesday. "And of course they did it, and that's why we're here."

and

"Not long after, the campaign said it could offer a one-time fee in exchange for Anthony handing the profile over to them, an action he said violates MySpace's terms of use. "They decided they'd rather just have full access to it and ... get me out of it. And I understand that ... it's a liability," he said of the notion that having an outsider hosting the site posed a problem for the Obama camp."

and

"Because, according to Rospars, MySpace rules state that public figures have the right to their own name, the Obama campaign asked MySpace for the URL to ensure that any official correspondence came from a new profile they created."

Alex: Does anybody know if MySpace has verified that last part (MTV about Joe Rospars regarding MySpace, and whether that is part of a MySpace agreement? If such a rule does exist, was it created before or after Anthony began the Obama site?)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1558648/20070503/index.jhtml

Alex

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

YouTube :: Videos by BarackObamadotcom

FOXNews.com

michellemalkin.com

techPresident

TIME: Top Stories